Home > Licensure

Looking to open an afterschool program? Here’s where you need to start!

Licensing for afterschool and child care programs in Georgia is held at the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL).

Visit their Child Care Services webpage for more information.

Licensing application
Frequently Asked Questions regarding licensing

If you are operating or planning to operate a child care or afterschool program and you believe that the program may not be subject to licensure, you must apply to the Department of Early Care and Learning for exemption from licensure by submitting an Exemption Request Form.

Exemption rules
Exemption Application