Georgia 2023 Afterschool Pitch Challenge!
We are hosting a Georgia 2023 Afterschool Pitch Challenge! The Young Entrepreneur Pitch Challenge is a pitch contest for students in Georgia in grades K-12. It is a simple set of activities that help kids learn creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills. The Pitch Challenge teaches essential workforce readiness skills and helps kids develop a mindset for 21st-century careers whether or not they become an entrepreneur. Educators and parents can download a free Pitch Challenge Toolkit HERE.
All Entries are Due by May 12th, 2023 at 11:59PM EST
Entering Is Simple:
- Register for GSAN’s upcoming Pitch Challenge information session: HERE
- Think of a business idea. It can be a product, service, social enterprise, or tech business. Participants are encouraged to create an idea that solves a problem in their community.
- Create a video of yourself pitching the business idea. Applicants may work in teams, however, each applicant must submit their own video. Only single applicant entries will be accepted.
- Keep the camera focused on you for most of the video. We want to see and hear you pitching your idea. We don’t want to see a commercial.
- Keep your video short, 30-90 seconds is the time frame.
Here’s How it Works:
- Entries will be judged on the CREATIVITY of the idea, business name, and video; the PERSUASIVENESS of the elevator pitch; and the OVERALL QUALITY of the idea, pitch and video.
- Judging will be done by an independent panel of judges.
- Practice is key. We do not want to see you reading from a sheet of paper.
- Be enthusiastic! Viewers will be more interested in your idea if you are excited about it.
- If filming on your cell phone, hold your phone horizontally.