The Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network (GSAN) is proud to partner with the Georgia Department of Education to administer $85 million for afterschool and summer learning in Georgia. Funding for the Building Opportunities in Out-of-School Time (BOOST) grants program has been made available through the American Rescue Plan that was signed into law by President Biden in March of 2021.
GSAN is not currently accepting applications for the BOOST grants program. Please subscribe to GSAN newsletters for any future BOOST funding update.
The BOOST grants program offers three-year grants, renewed annually, to community-based organizations that operate comprehensive out-of-school time (OST) programming year-round, over the summer months, or after school during the academic year. The goal is to provide evidence-based afterschool and summer enrichment programming that support students in learning skills and concepts and provide whole child supports, thus removing non-academic barriers to learning for students most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants are currently supporting students’ learning, connectedness and well-being, utilizing a whole child approach. The purpose of these grants is to:
- Expand access to serve more youth, with an emphasis on students and communities most impacted by the pandemic,
- Reduce barriers, such as transportation and enrollment costs, to ensure access for all, and/or
- Increase programmatic quality and expand or enhance supports and services offered.
The BOOST grants program prioritizes:
- Programs that serve youth with disabilities, youth experiencing homelessness, youth in foster care, English language learners, youth receiving free or reduced-price lunch, and migratory youth
- Programs that have operated summer and/or afterschool programming in the past three years
- Sites located in communities with no current programs receiving government funds through 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program or the Afterschool Care Program (list of counties)
- Programs offering programming 5 days a week
BOOST Year 1
Archived Application Resources (2021)